Christopher B. Hopkins is an AV-rated Florida lawyer and partner at Akerman LLP. This site is not related to any law firm.
He divides his time between trial and appellate work: commercial, construction, health, medical, professional, and probate.
In addition to his work in the courtroom, Christopher’s practice frequently involves emerging technologies, including contract drafting, litigation, and regulation in: app development, bitcoin/virtual currency, cloud computing, data breach, defamation, drones, e-discovery, e-retention, EULA, internet crimes, medical marijuana, privacy, social media discovery/policy, and internet contracts.
Linked In profile is here.
Akerman profile is here.
- AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell. Excellence rated by Avvo.
- Voted 8 years among Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite”
- Developed 2 iPhone Apps for lawyers
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator
- Qualified Arbitrator
- 2012 Trial Advocate Quarterly Award
- 2010-2011 Chair, Technology Committee, Palm Beach Bar Assn.
- 2008 James Lawless ADR Award
- 80+ publications on civil practice, law and technology, and legal ethics