This information is provided per your request by accessing this page. Thank you for your interest.
Christopher B. Hopkins is an AV-rated Florida lawyer and shareholder of the law firm of Akerman Senterfitt. He divides his time between appellate and trial work. His full professional firm bio is here.
Mr. Hopkins has a general practice, handling all types of civil trial cases for individuals and families — as well as serving as counsel for local and international businesses.
Mr. Hopkins is available to serve as local counsel throughout the state for non-Florida lawyers.
Recent areas of practice includes construction, corporate, defamation, health care, HOA/condominium, internet, injury, nursing home/ALF, and professional malpractice. Mr. Hopkins also focuses on guardianship and trusts & estates.
- AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell Trial and Appelate Lawyer
– Voted 8 Years among Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite”
- Developed iPhone App providing Florida Rules of Professional Conduct as well as federal/local bar guidelines for Florida lawyers for free. See ClawApp.com
- Developed iPhone App for nursing home and assisted living facility professionals
– Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator
- Certified in Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediations
- Qualified Arbitrator
- 2010 – 2011, Chair, Technology Committee, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- 2012 Trial Advocate Quarterly Award
- 2008 James Lawless ADR Award
- 60+ publications on arbitration, legal ethics, internet research, and other aspects of civil trial work
- host of InternetLawCommentary.com
*Memberships: Florida Bar; Palm Beach Bar Association; FDLA.
*Education: Bachelors of Arts degree in Religion at the University of Richmond; Masters of Theological Studies, cum laude, at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C.; and Juris Doctor at Tulane Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana.
*Mediation/Arbitration: Mediations held at Akerman offices throughout Florida or location of your choice. Full and multi-day discount rates available. Unlike other mediators/arbitrators, there is no cancellation charge. Call 561-671-3362 (Barbara) to set up your mediation or arbitration.